I want GRRRLTRAVELER Solo Travel readers to feel confident, excited and informed about a destination. I want them to feel equipped with information, so they aren’t afraid to travel alone.
My readers are solo and adventurous travelers, who seek DIY information for trip planning inspiration. Many are inspired that I’m largely a D.I.Y. solo traveler. My experience and insight inspires their confidence in planning a similar trip. I write because I want them to have a safe and fun trip! I seek travel writers with a similar approach to me. Reader demographics: United States, South Korea (expat community), Singapore, U.K., Malaysia, Canada.
I’m looking for
• First hand experience: Put yourself in a solo traveler’s shoes… If you were in a strange city without a guidebook, would your article be enough to help yourself navigate decently through the city? If your answer is no, it’s not enough information. I’m looking for information and insight in my posts.
- I may request re-edits or for you to fill in certain parts to align with my blog audience’s need for more information.
- 100% Original Content: Article must not be published anywhere else on the internet.
- Professionalism: If your grammar requires much editing, I will reject it.
- Patience: I have a busy schedule, between blogging, social media and YouTubing solo. It may take a while for me to get back to you or publish your article, but I will certainly get to it!
- Thank you for your interest and I hope to hear from you!
Guest Post Requirements
Word Count: 1500- 2000 words.
Photos: At least 3-4 quality photos with a brief description explaining what the photo is of and about. If a post requires more photos, I will help look for more photos. Max width: 800- 1024 pixels. You own your photos (or Creative Commons referenced photos) and agree to disclose usage rights to GRRRL TRAVELER for use in your article, it’s promotion on social media and its title cover image.
Author Bio: Please include a short author bio (three or four sentences ), a travel photo of yourself, with a link to your blog, and Facebook and Twitter. No affiliate links (duh).
Delivery: HTML version usually works best. Create this by writing your post in WordPress under “Visual” and then switch to ‘Text” version, to copy and paste into your submission.
Note: I reserve the right to decline or edit the submission or add internal/affiliate links.
What you get
GRRRL TRAVELER is a DA 44/PA 50 site, with 65,000 monthly visitors and 172,000 unique pageviews.
- One do follow link to your website and 3-4 sentences about yourself. This may be to an article on your blog (Note: No direct affiliate links and you may not link to an article with more than one affiliate link in it or I’ll have to charge you for advertising)
- Link to your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. An evergreen post, will get re-shared to my social media at future dates. If you’re an expert in what you write -food, culture, destination, solo travel- then it’s a reason for my readers to follow you too.
- I occasionally get paid opportunities for sponsored articles. No promises. But if your travel/ writing experience matches the requirement, you may get an opportunity email from me.
Guest Post Topics
• For Do-it-yourself Solo Travelers:
Destination & 48 hour layover guides (aka Best Things to Do + more)
*For Solo travelers (ideally written by Solo Travelers): This is the “cheat sheet version” of a destination guidebook, breaking down top attractions, tips on Getting Around (best transportation), Best Foods (*if you have popular restaurant recommendations and locations to get there), 1 or 2 Travel Tips. If you have getting there‘ information on your mentioned sights, like an address or metro stop, please share it. List what you can.
If you can list at least two or three commendable hotels/guesthouses you stayed at, I can add an extra link to your blog (but these have to be honest recommendations to a decent experience).
• For Serious Foodies: 5-10 Must Eat Foods of
I usually highlight street foods or comfort food, which locals would unanimously and proudly agree with as national/top foods. I am vegetarian so I would appreciate at least two vegetarian dishes if possible (if you don’t know of any, just let me know). Please explain the palette of the country and any common ingredients or any reasons, which make the foods culturally popular. I ask you be selective about the foods: avoid 1) hype restaurant fusion foods (unless it’s a popular trend like Cronuts) or 2) dishes you want to list just because you have photos of it. If there’s a special restaurant which specializes in the dish or an area which features it, please list where it can be found (an address or brief directions), as well as ballpark costs if available. The more information you have the better, so others can experience these foods also.
• For Cultural warriors: Things You Should Know Before You Go series
This digs into fun cultural insight/culture shock, explaining travel tips through cultural quirks that helps travelers navigate a destination through cultural awareness.
• Packing Warriors: Essential Packing Tips for (a destination)
This is all about preparation: travel survival, special requirements, travel gear or anything that helps a traveler navigate trip wires of a country or culture. Feel free to pitch me a topic!
• South Korea topics
I have many readers interested in Korea due to the fact I lived there. I’m seeking new destination guides, food or cultural insight posts.
Where to submit:
Go to Contact Form. Send me the link to your blog, writing samples and your article ideas. Note: It may take some time for me to get back to you as often my schedule is busy.
Thank you very much for your time and interest and I look forward to hearing from you!