SafetyWing: The Best Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage for Solo Travelers
What is the best travel insurance for COVID-19 coverage & quarantine?
It’s safe to say, that like my credit card– international travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage for solo travelers is something I will never be leaving home without. During the pandemic, many travelers who had trips booked encountered frustrating unpredictability and loss of investment as airlines dropped flight routes and borders folded.
Female solo travel has always been a stressful and unpredictable terrain to navigate, as you are responsible for your safety, transportation and trip planning. With COVID-19 and the pandemic, traveling alone as a woman can feel moreso challenging.
Although the COVID-19 vaccination is out, solo travelers must now navigate individual (and last minute changes in) country restrictions, quarantines, pre-travel Covid tests and its timing, different COVID variants, etc…
Solo travel insurance for Americans has never been cheap, but today trip insurance is a necessity. Yet, there are not a lot of options when it comes to trip insurance companies with COVID-19 coverage. Luckily there is one company which offers several options of inexpensive travel insurance with Covid-19 coverage for Americans … as well as, health insurance for digital nomads!
What does SafetyWing Nomad Insurance cover:
SafetyWing Nomad Insurance is travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage in 180 countries. It also covers quarantine for up to 10 daysIt covers all the standard trip emergencies like flight interruptions and lost baggage. They’re a little more on the health insurance end, offering a $250 deductible before kicking into action.
- Worldwide coverage in 180 countries and home country coverage (up to 30 days every 3 months).
- Affordable travel insurance for Americans Travel medical coverage starts from $40/4 weeks. This is 1/3rd of the price of the biggest competitor for similar coverage.
- COVID-19 coverage .If you contract the virus while you are traveling, you are covered.
- Quarantine coverage for $50/day up to 10 days, provided you have coverage for a minimum of 28 days because you are mandated, because you have tested positive for COVID-19 or you are symptomatic.
- Flexible. Worried about a change of plans? You do not have to lock in trip dates. You can buy more coverage (Nomad Insurance or Remote Health) while you are still away. You can even buy a SafetyWing Nomad Insurance plan if you’re already travelling. It operates like subscription. You can start when you’re already abroad and cancel when you no longer need to be insured.
- A worldwide network of qualified doctors, specialists and hospitals. Not feeling well? Look in their database for the nearest medical service provider near you.
- Great for family travel: Young children are included. 1 young child per adult (up to 2 per family) aged between 14 days and 10 years old can be included on the insurance without added cost.
SafetyWing Nomad Insurance vs World Nomads Insurance
As an American traveler, I’ve often carried an annual travel insurance through Allianz Insurance for its inexpensive and broad coverage. But as an adventurous traveler prone to adventurous travel vlogging, I’ve always taken World Nomads Insurance as backup coverage for my travel equipment coverage; it’s certainly cheaper than buying homeowner’s insurance for my gear. Given the nature of my work, I also like to be covered for extreme activities and World Nomads offers adventure coverage of over 150 types of travel activities from rock climbing, bungee jumping, caving, boating, and … theft.
Where SafetyWing Nomad Insurance is different than World Nomads Insurance is that its specialty focus is on inexpensive Covid coverage and digital nomad health insurance. Given these changing times, this type of trip coverage is a no-brainer.
SafetyWing knows the digital nomad and solo traveler, who wants to feel safe and protected when traveling during COVID-19 times.
Why health insurance for digital nomads?
Best Health Insurance for Digital Nomads & Remote Workers:
Many folks think digital nomads living & working abroad have an easy life. But not when it comes to health insurance. Inexpensive health insurance for digital nomads and remote workers is not easy to find. Many digital nomads find themselves at a crossroads of not knowing how to afford healthcare while living in or moving homes in another country.
SafetyWing has Remote Health Insurance to cover remote workers in live abroad situations. It offers a low monthly plan (under annual contract) and insures you in 175 countries, including your own. You are insured for COVID, Cancer and some pre-existing conditions. They offer premium add ons like dental, $0 deductible, outpatient coverage, etc…
One thing to note is that the remote health insurance plan is substantial health insurance coverage. It cannot be used for trip coverage for things such as lost bags, flight interruptions or cancellations, etc…, meaning you cannot use it as health insurance and trip insurance.
Check out SafetyWing’s remote health insurance for digital nomads here.