Last Updated on
I want GRRRLTRAVELER Solo Travel readers to feel confident, excited and informed about a destination. I want them to feel equipped with information, so they aren’t afraid to travel alone.
** SEO and commercial companies seeking backlinks and advertising, see: Advertising rates start at $75/mo**
Dear Travel Blogger Experts~
Thanks for your interest in contributing to my site!
My readers are solo and adventurous travelers, who seek DIY information for trip planning inspiration. Many are inspired that I’m largely a D.I.Y. solo traveler. My experience and insight inspires their confidence in planning a similar trip. I write because I want them to have a safe and fun trip!
We’re looking for a travel expert for my #experttraveler series
- A travel expert : You’ll introduced as an expert for the subject you’re writing about. Ideally, you have posts regarding the subject on your blog, for readers to step into your blog to continue their trip planning research.
- But we do not accept competing article links and we won’t accept a skinny city travel guide which links to your beefy city guide.
- We’re looking for insightful, informative, fact-based first-hand experience. All the essential stuff a traveler will ask or want to know about a place is what I strive to offer.
- 100% Original Content: Article must not be published anywhere else on the internet.
- The BEST recommendations you feel passionate about sharing- not just “a” recommendation because you’ve done it.
- If the grammar requires much editing, we will reject it.
- I have a busy schedule and it may take a while for me to get back to you or publish your article, but I will certainly get to it!
Guest Post Requirements
* * Commercial companies seeking backlinks see: Advertising rates start at $75/mo**
Word Count: 1500- 2000 words. No affiliate links, please. I will be placing my own affiliates. I may decline, edit or request a re-edit of a submission.if it is not a match with my site style.
Photos: At least 6 quality photos with naming of the photo (so I know where it goes in your post!). If a post requires more photos, I will help look for more photos. Max width: 800- 1024 pixels. =
Photos I will not accept: dark, blurry, faded or low quality photos. Readers are seduced by good visuals.
You own your photos and grant GRRRLTRAVELER permission to use for/to promote your article. You will not hold GRRRLTRAVELER responsible for any photo issues beyond our website control. Obviously, plagiarism and stolen content is happening more commonly for bloggers these days. GRRRLTRAVELER fights it ardently, but there may be cases which we may not catch.
Note: I am adding watermarks to photo credit you in the bottom right corner on at least four of your strongest stock-worthy photos.
Author Bio: Please include a short author bio (2 or 3 sentences ), a travel photo of yourself, with a link to your blog, and Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Social links: please Include all the ones you want shared.
Short plug: An easy/catchy identifier that I can introduce you with as a travel expert- i.e. ” XXXX has lived in a favela in Rio DeJaneiro for a year! He will be your guide into… ” (I chose this one for the blogger because he had an awesome piece on that very experience )
Delivery: HTML version usually works best. Create this by writing your post in WordPress under “Visual” and then switch to ‘Text” version, to copy and paste into your submission.
GRRRL TRAVELER is a DA 51/PA 46 site.
We will try our best to give your site a good plug in more ways than one. In return, we’re seeking bloggers who will do a good job .
- You get TWO Dofollow links for a City Guide OR ONE DoFollow link for Food. (We do not have many affiliates for food posts)– this can be either to your blog or a blog post.
- We do not accept competing link to a similar post.
- Please send us your linkback link and preferred keywords – we’ll find a place which works well for both of us.
- Bio: 3-4 sentences about yourself.
- A quick one sentence plug which sells your experience with traveling the city. (for the intro)
- Links to your socials: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
- We will share your post on all socials and tag you accounts ( Facebook page)
- Note: An evergreen post will get re-shared to my social media at future dates. If you’re an expert of what you’re writing about then it’s a good reason for my readers to follow you too.
How can a guest post benefit you additionally?
Many guest writers don’t always think it through – many do guest posts for link juice. But a win for me is a win for you.
Here’s an example of a successful guest post which has gained the writer a lot of my traffic. It’s actually one of my highest trafficked posts in a year. The writer is a local expert on this city and has many posts on her hometown. She made this article part tip, part travel guide , did a solid job and had great keywords. I linked credible referral travel sites where she didn’t and also added in my affiliates. My blog has a high DA, this was a strong piece and it caught traffic quickly. As this is the only post I have of that city, and she is my city expert writer, she gets trip planning traffic to her blog and her blog gets link juice as an authority for that city. At this point, her main job is to start adding her affiliates to her linked pages and build up around them.
Guest Post Topics
• 24-48 hour travel guides (factual info- guide book type)
” Best things to Do in ….”
“Things to know before you visit…..”
” # Reasons to visit _________”
” __________ Travel Guide”
*For Solo travelers (ideally written by Solo Travelers): You can use this template here.
This is an essential destination guide:
I may be a bit wordy here, but every blogger has their unique styles of writing and habits. I’m looking for essential information which will honestly help solo travelers find their way and make choices without wasting their time. Please, no journal itinerary or a walking tour type of writing. Check my example and it will sort you.
1) Top Attractions– list the reason why it is a MUST SEE ATTRACTION and a bit of info about it and/or address listing/nearest metro stop.
2) MUST TRY Food (or Food experiences ) -*Foods that locals would proudly agree were beloved foods of their city. You can mention a restaurant if the restaurant is known for a popular, exceptional and/or unique experience. Please do not list a food just because you had it.
3) Getting Around– transportation options to navigate the city (not every city has a bus or metro and if they do, sometimes, they have different names for it)
4) Safety Tips for Solo Travelers – Anything to be aware of in pickpockets or scams, female harassment? (summary)
5) Hotel/guesthouse recommendations: EXTRA URL LINK to your blog if you list 2-3 recommended hotels or accommodation experiences.
• For Cultural warriors: Things you MUST Know Before Traveling XXXXX
This digs into cultural tips/insights, food insights, travel tips and recommendations, insights about the geography, scams/travel warnings, cultural etiquette. This gives travelers a heads up.
Here’s an example of a successful guest post which has gained the writer a lot of my traffic and this it benefits us both. The writer is a local expert on this city and has many posts on the city. She made it part tip, part travel guide , did a great job and had great keywords. I add in my affiliates (BUT I also link in credible content and informational websites where she didn’t). My blog has a high DA so it caught traffic quickly. This is the only post I have of that city, so she is in fact, the expert and my blog links to hers. She gets trip planning traffic to her blog (provided she has posts they need and has set up her own affiliates ) and her blog gets link juice as an authority for that city.
If you wish, you may follow this layout.
• For Serious Foodies: 10 Must Eat Foods of ______
I like highlighting top traditional comfort foods and must try street foods , which locals would unanimously and proudly agree with as top national foods. Please explain the palette of the country (if you understand it), any common ingredients or reasons which make the foods culturally popular. If there’s a special restaurant which specializes in the dish or an area which features it, please list where it can be found (an address or brief directions). I am vegetarian so I would appreciate at least two vegetarian dishes if possible (if you don’t know of any, just let me know).
Be thoughtful about the foods you select. Nationals can be extremely critical of these lists to the point of calling out writers on this. AVOID 1) hype restaurant fusion foods (unless it’s a very popular trend like New York Cronuts) or 2) listing a dish just because you had it and took a photo of it .
• Packing Warriors: Essential Packing Tips for (a destination)
This is all about preparation: travel survival, special requirements, travel gear or anything that helps a traveler navigate trip wires of a country or culture. Feel free to pitch me a topic!
Where to submit:
Go to Contact Form. Send me the link to your blog, writing samples and your article ideas. Note: It may take some time for me to get back to you as often my schedule is busy.
Thank you very much for your time and interest and I look forward to hearing from you!